More than 25 Colorado funeral service stakeholders participated in a strategic Town Hall session on November 8.
Facilitated by Executive Director Steffani Blackstock, participants considered the current membership structure and overwhelmingly concurred that a new model is needed to restore CFDA as "the" association that represents the professional and business interests of the funeral industry in Colorado.
A Hybrid Organization Model was proposed and CFDA members will be asked to engage in activities during the coming months that will redefine the membership structure, including bylaws changes. The target date for implementing the "new" model is January 2019.
The 2018 Board of Directors was elected and installed at the business meeting. Your leaders for the next year are:
- President Jehn-ai Jackson, Caldwell-Kirk Mortuary, Denver
- Vice President Stacey Kleinman, CMSP, Archdiocese of Denver Mortuary, Wheat Ridge
- Secretary-Treasurer Ronna Adams, CFD, Evergreen Memorial Park, Evergreen
- Immediate Past President Edward Halouska, CMSP, Chaney Reager Funeral Home, Sterling
Directors at Large
- Ervin Maltbie, CFD, Maltbie Funeral Services, Springfield
- Jessica Moratto, CMSP, Callahan Edfast Mortuary, Grand Junction
- Kevin Wood, CMSP, Olinger Highland Mortuary, Thornton
Ex-officio Board members include:
- Adam Findley, CFD-CET as NFDA Policy Board Representative;
- Laura Zabel, CMSP as chair of the Colorado Funeral Service Board;
- Chuck Bowman, CMSP as chair of CFDA's Legislative & Advocacy Committee.